- Date: 28th – 30th September 2018
- Distance: 22 Miles across 3 days
- Location: North Cornwall
- Registration Fee: £80
- Fundraising Target: £500 minimum*
Take on the Cornish Coastal challenge!
Take on this fantastic 3-day trek across the dramatic coastline of North Cornwall. This is a tough weekend challenge, but a spectacular and inspiring experience which will give you an unforgettable sense of achievement whilst raising vital funds to advance research for children with neuroblastoma.
Starting at Trevose Head, west of Padstow, you will walk for 22 hilly miles to St Agnes Head – a challenging distance considering the terrain. Pass the well-known beach stacks of Bedruthan Steps, as well as old reminders of Cornwall’s mining heritage.
- All food, accommodation and camping equipment
- Transfers within trek
- Discover Adventure leaders and drivers
- Full vehicle support
- Optional pick-ups or drop-offs from Bodmin Parkway Railway Station
- Travel insurance (optional)
- Personal items such as drinks, snacks and souvenirs
- Transport to/from the event
- Entry to any optional sites or activities
- Any applicable surcharges as per Discover Adventure Terms and Conditions
You can download further information about the walk here:
Contact Emma here if you would like a detailed information pack sent to you.
Why trek for us?
We’re here for you every step of the way. All our fundraisers will receive:
- A virtual fundraising pack, with ideas to help you smash your fundraising target
- An invite to our exclusive Facebook group
- Personalised fundraising support from our very own professional fundraiser
- Regular e-Newsletters to keep you updated on our work with tips too
- A free fundraising t-shirt
As this event is taking part in September, we are encouraging all our participants to ‘Glow Gold’ during the walk in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
*There are several different payment options for the challenge. You can choose to pay in full, part pay, or fully fundraise to cover the cost of your challenge and raise funds for SKC. If you are unsure about which option to choose, please discuss this with Emma on Emma.Kreeger@solvingkidscancer.org.uk or 0207 2508162.
If you would like to register for this event please click the link below which will take you to the registration page. The Event is being organised by our third party partner Discover Adventure.
How we help children
Solving Kids’ Cancer is dedicated to supporting the lives of children who have been diagnosed with neuroblastoma. We provide emotional, practical and clinical support to families along their cancer journey; we advocate on behalf of children to improve care and treatment; and we use our expertise to identify, shape and fund clinical research to increase treatment options available to children now, and to discover less toxic and more effective treatments for children in the future.
As this trek is taking place in September, by taking part in this event you will be joining our Golden Hero’s making a difference to the lives of children with neuroblastoma by raising awareness during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Find out more, here.
Own place participants
If you already have a place in the event but still want to fundraise for us, we’d love to have you on our team. You’ll still get all the benefits but without a minimum fundraising target. Just register your own place here or let Emma know on the contact details below.
If you have any questions, have your own place or would like an information pack sent over to you, please contact Emma on Emma.Kreeger@solvingkidscancer.org.uk or 0207 2508162.