- Distance: 10/25/50/75 or 100Km!
- Location: Hathersage, PeakDistrict
- Registration Fee: From £19-62 (dependent on distance)
- Fundraising Target: £300-1000 (dependent on distance)
Could you take on the Gold Challenge?
The Peak District Challenge is a series of challenges designed to separate out the serious trekkers from the casual strollers. With distance options ranging from 10Km right up to 100Km, it’s time to put on a brave face and choose whether to walk, run or trek your chosen distance for children with neuroblastoma.
For each event below you can choose whether to navigate yourself or join a led group:
- Back Before Dark 10Km
- The Copper Challenge 25KM
- The Bronze Challenge 50KM
- The Silver Challenge 75KM
- The Gold Challenge 100KM
As this event takes place in September, we challenge you to take on the 100Km Gold Challenge and join our Golden Hero’s shining a light for children affected by neuroblastoma during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. (Find out more about CCAM here)
Please note this event is being organised by our third party partner The Peak District Challenge for further information visit their website here http://www.peak-district-challenge.com/ .
- Fully qualified, professional Mountain Leaders supporting the event and your safety.
- Water stations.
- A pre-walk registration and briefing, along with the route guides that you need.
- A goodie bag at the end including an event t-shirt.
- On 25-100km routes, drinks and snacks from our friendly volunteer checkpoints on the way round.
- On 25-100km routes, a stew supper on Saturday evening.
- Kit guidance and advice, a fundraising guide and sponsor forms if you choose to be sponsored.
- A scenic and challenging route, and all pre-event planning.
- Photos of you participating in the event.
- A unique certificate to celebrate your achievement and your time.
- A cash discount voucher to spend with the event organiser, Wilderness Development. This can even be redeemed in advance on any navigation training or walking courses that you take to prepare for the event.
Why trek for SKC?
We’re here for you every step of the way. All our fundraisers will receive:
- A virtual fundraising pack, with ideas to help you smash your fundraising target
- An invite to our exclusive Facebook group
- Personalised fundraising support from our very own professional fundraiser
- Regular e-Newsletters to keep you updated on our work with tips too
- A free fundraising t-shirt
As this event is taking part in September we are encouraging all our participants to ‘Glow Gold’ during the walk in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
If you would like to register for this event please click the link below which will take you to the registration page. The Event is being organised by our third party partner the Peak District Challenge!
How we help children
Solving Kids’ Cancer is dedicated to supporting the lives of children who have been diagnosed with neuroblastoma. We provide emotional, practical and clinical support to families along their cancer journey; we advocate on behalf of children to improve care and treatment; and we use our expertise to identify, shape and fund clinical research to increase treatment options available to children now, and to discover less toxic and more effective treatments for children in the future.
As this trek is taking place in September by taking part in this event you will be joining our Golden Hero’s making a difference to the lives of children with neuroblastoma by raising awareness during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM). Find out more about CCAM here.
Own place participants
If you already have a place in the event but still want to fundraise for us, we’d love to have you on our team. You’ll still get all the benefits but without a minimum fundraising target. Just register your own place here or let Emma know on the contact details below.
If you have any questions, have your own place or would like an information pack sent over to you, please contact Emma on Emma.Kreeger@solvingkidscancer.org.uk or 0207 2508162.
Please also find further information about The Peak District Challenge on their website here: http://www.peak-district-challenge.com/entry-information/