Holding a bucket collection in your local area is a great way to raise funds and spread awareness of childhood cancer.
Being a Bucketeer
Being a Bucketeer involves holding your own collection somewhere local to you (a supermarket, shopping centre or you could even take your tin to work for the day), for as much time as you can spare! It’s a great way to have fun whilst raising vital funds to give hope to families affected by childhood cancer.
Your role as a Bucketeer
As a Bucketeer, it’s up to you to:
- Contact your venue of choice (a supermarket, shopping centre, train station or similar) to request permission to collect, or ask your boss if you can take your tin to work!
- Ask family, friends or colleagues to help you, aiming to have somebody collecting at your venue for as much of the day as possible. Devise a rota if needed!
- Ensure all of your Bucketeers are prepared and equipped to collect.
- Count the funds raised and take them to the bank!
- Lastly, return any materials provided, including all buckets, back to Solving Kids’ Cancer.
Our support to Bucketeers
When you register as a Bucketeer, one of the team will be in touch to discuss your collection with you. Once we know your requirements, we’ll send you a bucket collection pack with all the materials you need to hold your collection! If you have any questions, we’ll be on hand to support you.
How the funds you raise help
The money you raise through bucketeering will help ensure Solving Kids’ Cancer can support children affected by neuroblastoma like Lilly – diagnosed with neuroblastoma at 6 weeks old.
Read more about Lilly’s story and how your money is helping Solving Kids’ Cancer help children and their families.
Skills and experience needed
- Good organisation (to aid your planning).
- Good communication (so you can encourage people to give and others to help you).
- Oodles of enthusiasm, plenty of patience and a smashing smile!
- A pair of comfy shoes!
- You’ll need to be available on the day of your collection to collect, or to ensure everything is running smoothly for your team of collectors.
- Before your collection, you’ll need to spend a little time organising your venue and asking people to help you.
- After your collection, you’ll need to pay in the funds raised and return the materials to us.
For more information visit ‘Your Bucket Collection Questions’
To be a Bucketeer and raise funds for Solving Kids’ Cancer:
If you would like to talk to us about organising a bucket collection, please call us on 020 7284 0800 or email email@example.com